[linux-audio-user] Pulling off old 2-track reels and trying to slow them down

Rob Fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 23 03:44:29 EDT 2005

Alan Taylor wrote:

> What I have done so far is use Ardour with JACK running at 48KHz to pull
> off the music.  Then, I exported it to a WAV and used AlsaPlayer to
> playback the audio at approx 25% normal speed.  My problem is that the
> quality is quite poor.

The most obvious reason I can see for this is that the effective sample
rate is reduced to 12kHz via this method.

If you can increase your soundcard sample frequency, this should yield a
  dramatic improvement (96kHz sample rate becomes effective 24kHz).

Beyond that, I suspect you need to find a way to slow that tape :)

HTH
Rob