[linux-audio-user] Re: Gnome Wave Cleaner

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 11 11:07:19 EDT 2005

> Yes.  I thought that seemed odd.  Thanks for verifying.
> ***What's the correct way to un-install them now?***

type:

	make uninstall

you must not have re-run configure with different options since doing
the last make install.

note that in the case of the ultimate screw up (e.g. with JACK), you can
still use this method. suppose you mistakenly did this:

	(unpack source tarball)
	cd srcdir
	./configure
	make
	make install
	(remember that you mean to use --prefix=/usr)
	./configure --prefix=/usr
	make
	make install
	(remember that you shouldn't mix tarballs and packages)

looks bad now - you have two versions of the software, one under /usr,
one under /usr/local.

its ok, just do this:

	cd srcdir
	./configure
	make uninstall
	./configure --prefix
	make uninstall

and its all cleaned up.

--p "no sir, never had to do that, no sir, never, no sir"