vocal effect (was Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get good vocal sound)

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Dec 6 14:47:29 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 06:05 -0500, Bill Allen wrote:
> I've been struggling with a technique problem. How do you get your
> vocals to sound good?

Actually this reminds me of something that's been bugging me.  What's
that really digital sounding vocal effect that you hear on a lot of R&B
stuff these days?  It's all over that tune "I'm Sprung" that was on the
radio all summer, and in the Simpsons episode where they have a boy
band, on Ralph Wiggum's voice when he sings "love formation".

Lee