[linux-audio-user] Call for WhySynth presets

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 07:26:21 EST 2005

Hi Sean:

  A few questions re: your excellent WhySynth :

    Can I get multiple instances, each with its own GUI ?

    WS seems weird wrt MIDI program change. Am I missing something ?
Sending a change from a sequencer or keyboard doesn't match the default
list of voices. PC 0 selects a sound all right, but it's not the Slow
Strings at position 0 in the default patch list. What is MIDI PC
actually selecting ?

    Edits made to a patch don't take effect in realtime, or am I missing
something again ?

    Any chance of a multitimbral version ?

  I want to create a short demo based on original patches, using only WS
for all the sounds except the drums. So I'll need either multiple
instances or multitimbral capability, or I'll have to sync multiple
tracks. Any other suggestions ?

Best,

dp