[linux-audio-user] Switching from a MOTU828mk2 to RME Cards?

Erik Thorsson ethorsson at neoprimitive.net
Tue Feb 1 09:08:06 EST 2005

I have been using a MOTU 828mkII under Windows and love it to death.
All those ins and outs are great.  ~2.3ms latency on my 2.4GHz laptop.
So sad that it doesn't work under Linux.

I was thinking of switching to an RME Multiface, too.  The only bummer
there is no hi-z guitar level inputs, or mic pres on those boxes.  I'm
sure the ones on the 828mkII are only so-so, but seeing as I don't have
any stand alone mic pres, it would be a big loss for me.

-E