[linux-audio-user] MAudio Delta 1010LT

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Tue Feb 1 21:21:59 EST 2005

Mike,

For what it's worth...

I struggled with the notion of where to set input levels. I was used to
using a cassette based multitrack recorder which allowed you to control
the input signal with the same mixing board as the outbound signal. I
was completely confused when I used Ardour and had no way to adjust the
input levels.

I'm still new at this, but I think that this is a shift in thinking. The
level is set by the preamp and the a/d converter. Both, as you now know,
are accessible via the envy24 control. I don't know how good the 1010lt
onboard preamps are, but I primarily record through an outboard stereo
preamp, so I use this to set levels and I generally use the Ardour
monitors to check the levels. I leave a/d and d/a set to max and turn
off the onboard preamps. But, you can obviously use the onboard preamps
and set them, then still monitor levels with the meters on Ardour or
Audacity. There is also a program called meterbridge which give great
meters for monitoring input signal.

Yes, I have 2 monitors and they work great!

-Joe D