[linux-audio-user] Appropriate Directory Structure

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Feb 3 15:05:51 EST 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:32:26 -0600
Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:
>     LVM can be bad news.  I was using a logical volume manager under
> HP-UX in the olden days and it can be a bitch to recover from errors.
> Maybe things have changed recently though.

I use LVM under HP-UX every day, and knock wood-grained formica, it's
never given me a problem I couldn't deal with.

I was very impressed to find that the lvm stuff under HP-UX was
contributed to Linux; very, very nice to use the same toolset across
platforms.

FWIW, I still make swap 2x the amount of RAM, even though it's often
not necessary.  Some habits die hard... like typing "sync" 3 times
before giving the shutdown command!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com