[linux-audio-user] M-Audio cards, XLR inputs question

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Feb 7 08:31:04 EST 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:48:59 -0500
"Joseph Dell'Orfano" <fullgo at dellorfano.net> wrote:
> For miking acoustic instruments, a great preamp may be a sound
> investment. You may want to consider spending more resources on this.

Add me to the list of people recommending a good mike preamp.  For most
recording, I don't mind the preamps in my Behringer mixer, but I'd had
the opportunity to borrow a nice preamp to use with my mediocre Octava
mics, and was really very happy with the results.

On the other hand, I realized how much I dislike my Behringer T1953
tube preamp :-/

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com