Book (was Re: [linux-audio-user] Multi-Band compression)

Noah Roberts nroberts at reachone.com
Mon Feb 7 14:32:11 EST 2005

Jan Depner said:

>     Do you want to use multiband compression on a single track or on the
> mix?  If you want to use it on the mix just run Ardour's master bus out
> to JAMin and then back into a new stereo track.

Speaking of jamin and compression, what are some good books that would
teach a person what these tools are for?  Preferably it would be more than
a ProTools book and more of a general recording/mixing techniques book.  I
am brand new to the idea of recording so I am pretty lost when it comes to
using any of this stuff for more than the very basics.  I tried using some
compression and noise gates in one of my recordings and just broke stuff.
I don't understand things like "write,play,touch" in the menus so I can't
realy use any of it effectively.