[linux-audio-user] Sound servers conflict

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Tue Feb 8 18:27:09 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> I have nothing against Red Hat, they make a great server OS, but they
> have never contributed anything to ALSA development.  Consider this the

Don't forget Alan Cox who is on Red Hat payroll. Alan had a big role in
developing sound support in the 2.0-2.4 era kernels (OSS, but these
drivers have been beneficial also to ALSA). And later Alan was an
important supporter for getting ALSA finally to the main kernel to replace
OSS. I admit I'd have liked to see Red Hat adopt ALSA much sooner...

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!