[linux-audio-user] My First Linux Song

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Tue Feb 15 05:18:23 EST 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb, 2005 at 08:12PM +1100, Shayne O'Connor spake thus:
> well, it's taken awhile, but i've managed to complete my first song on
> linux!
>
> http://www.machinehasnoagenda.com/downloads/The_Girls_-_The_Sailor.ogg
>
> (please be kind in any comments - i'm especially open to tips on
> mixing/mastering).

Woo!  I love this!

It could do with a bit of fiddling, tuning and mix-wise, but you've
had lots of comments about that already from people a lot more
experienced than me.

> * i can't really sing.

You have a "different" voice, granted, but I think it suits the style
really well.

I think we should have a place for showcasing what we've all been up
to.  This list is OK, but somewhere specifically for showing off and
getting feedback would be good.

Another thing I'd like to see would be people willing to post unmixed
audio.  I'd love to play around with this track myself - not that I
think I'd do a better job than you have, but just for the experience
of doing it.

James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)