[linux-audio-user] Maximum saturation without clipping

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Feb 17 23:19:35 EST 2005

Mark Constable wrote:

> Noob question: I've made a start at trying to create a
> podcast-like "show" using mainly Audacity and I cannot
> figure out how to get the signal fully saturated without
> clipping. I was wondering if anyone here would have some
> tips on how to get a "fat" wav like the image below ?
>
> http://opensrc.org/index.php?page=MarkConstable
>
> Maybe this kind of question would be better on the LAM
> mailing-list... is this kind of discussion appropriate
> or of interest here ?
>
> --markc

Hi Mark,

What is your goal for your content? Why do you want to make it "fat"?
Do you want to have maximum gain with little dynamic range (similar to a
radio/tv advertisement)? Do you want to meet a broadcasting reference
level for your area -- and not violate that level?
Knowing more might give us more insight for a possible solution.

brad

--
Hear us online: www.Sonaural.com