[linux-audio-user] MusE and zynaddsubfx

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Fri Feb 18 03:55:54 EST 2005

venerdì, 18 febbraio 2005 alle 08:30:31, james at dis-dot-dat.net ha scritto:
> Quick question: How can I control parameters of zynaddsubfx from
> within MusE?  Is this even possible?
>
> I've only just started playing with MusE, after many years of trackers
> since I gave up Windows and VST.  So far, it looks nice, but if I
> can't control the parameters of my synth, then I might as well go back
> to tracking, since being able to adjust sounds during atrack is the
> one thing I really miss.

See http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_3.html on what parameters are
bound to which MIDI controller.

MusE already includes an intrument definition for zynaddsubfx, so if you
select it from Settings->Midi ports/soft synths->Instrument, you should
be able to draw these controllers in the controller edit window of the
piano roll (click on bottom left "ctrl" and select "add new...")

> Thanks peeps.
>
> James

HTH Ciao
--