[linux-audio-user] MusE and zynaddsubfx

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Feb 18 07:38:27 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb, 2005 at 09:55AM +0100, Emiliano Grilli spake thus:
> venerdì, 18 febbraio 2005 alle 08:30:31, james at dis-dot-dat.net ha scritto:
> > Quick question: How can I control parameters of zynaddsubfx from
> > within MusE?  Is this even possible?
> >
> > I've only just started playing with MusE, after many years of trackers
> > since I gave up Windows and VST.  So far, it looks nice, but if I
> > can't control the parameters of my synth, then I might as well go back
> > to tracking, since being able to adjust sounds during atrack is the
> > one thing I really miss.
>
> See http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_3.html on what parameters are
> bound to which MIDI controller.
>
> MusE already includes an intrument definition for zynaddsubfx, so if you
> select it from Settings->Midi ports/soft synths->Instrument, you should
> be able to draw these controllers in the controller edit window of the
> piano roll (click on bottom left "ctrl" and select "add new...")

Hmm.  I can get the control at the bottom, but drawing doesn't do
anything except on the volume control.  It's grey.  I added an
explicit filter q event in the event list, which stopped it being
grey, but I still can't draw on it.  Any ideas?

> > Thanks peeps.
> >
> > James
>
> HTH Ciao

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)