[linux-audio-user] jack between 2 computers

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Tue Feb 22 20:06:31 EST 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 12:29 pm, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> John Check <j4strngs at bitless.net> writes:
> > -ramble-
> > It could be feasible to use an OSX Mac and jack as kind of a bridge to
> > whatever they use to route audio... for integration purposes. I'm
> > assuming the proprietary Mac stuff doesn't support jack, but that doesn't
> > mean the converse is impossible.
>
> JackOSX actually hooks into CoreAudio almost seamlessly.  You can play
> iTunes through JACK quite well.

Heheh well there ya go! I know spit about OSX and audio, but I was thinking of
Logic7 which supposedly has distributed processing, which I understood
(guessed more like) to be proprietary and thus outside CoreAudio; being able
to hook into that. Anyway, I think jack.plumbing is in the ballpark for my
immediate needs so I'll have to poke at it