[linux-audio-user] Re: Searching for music composition tool

Stuart Allie Stuart.Allie at hydro.com.au
Thu Feb 24 17:08:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm not visually impaired, but I prefer text-based composition tools
myself. I'd recommend checking out (in no particular order)

compo (built on tom of cm/clm/cmn)
midge (perl module for making midi files)
haskore (if you're a programmer)

I use all these and some home-grown python code to produce and mangle
midi files into a final form I'm happy with, then I use csound or
timidity to render the midi files to audio, then ecasound to mix the
audio together. No gui required from start to end.

Cheers,
Stuart