[linux-audio-user] [music] lego acid

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Mar 14 08:27:37 EST 2005

"Dave Griffiths" <dave at pawfal.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Just thought it was about time I posted some music - the first two tracks in a
> project of mine to grow acid techno:
>
> http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=opensource_audio&collectionid=legoacid

WOW! :-)  And since the association shot into my mind while
reading the subject line I have to ask: you dont happen to be affiliated with
the Lego Sound System from Austria, do you? Its a (I think) vienna
based underground sound system which was mostly active in Italy
last time I heard of them.  And since they do mostly acid, I had to ask :-)

> The tracks were made and recorded in realtime, using a form of genetic
> programming, which develops formal production rules (loosely based on l
> systems) for a text based musical score language. This is good for taking
> melodic or percussion patterns and slowly developing them, but in some cases
> the changes can be quite radical, and can take you by suprise. you can also
> hand edit the rules on the fly - which is handy for things like forcing a 4/4
> beat, which is sometimes desirable :)
>
> The drum sounds are sampled from the venerable 808, also some synthesised
> percussion in there, all synthesis is done by a fixed function performance
> synth based on the code from SSM.
>
> More info about the software here:
> http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/

This page is confusing me.  Can you same me a bit of time and let
me know if your synth is available standalone (without a GUI)?
That'd be sweet, since it has a nice aggressive sound.

--
CYa,
  Mario