[linux-audio-user] Theatre sound with Linux

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sat May 7 22:09:19 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 10:19:13PM +0000, philicorda wrote:
> Hi.
> I was just wondering whether there are any open source applications on
> Linux for doing theatre sound for plays and dance, or if anyone else is
> interested in collaborating on making one or has experience with this
> kind of thing.

I'm not sure about scene capabilities, but postfish is designed
explicitly for mixing musical theatre productions. It's written by Monty
(who created Ogg Vorbis, and wrote cdparanoia amongst other things), and
I've seen him demo it -- it's very pretty, and powerful.

It's also quite monolithic, It may not do precisely what you want, but
the linux-audio-dev community could benefit from tinkering with it.

It's currently only available in source from xiph.org subversion:

  http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/postfish/

Conrad.