[linux-audio-user] I actually made some music!

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed May 25 21:16:28 EDT 2005

Last Wednesday 25 May 2005 16:11, NiXO Beee was like:
> There is some Bowie inspiration in there, definetly first era :))

No there isn't. It's just that I sing in my own accent.

> Nice song.

Cool, glad you enjoyed it.

> Though you might consider lowering or discarding the delay on voice and
> replacing it by something else. I never liked delays on voices. But this is
> my opinion, only.

I do like delays on vocals, but they have to be well sculpted. This wasn't
really.

> And add some more bass too. The bass line is cool so you could put it a bit
> more ahead, with a still dry sound. Should do some good to your song.
>
> The drums are nice too, especially the snare sound. A bit more life in it
> could not hurt though.

This is a good confirmation that my first instincts were right. It's a rough
mix, so I haven't really worked on the DSP side of it too carefully yet. It's
hard to find reverbs that I like and my drum programming is probably a little
wooden, but I might get better with practice.

> I'm curious to hear the v2.0 :))

Yeah, so am I ;) I'm also interested to see how many tracks my little computer
can handle. I already need to move the ardour files to their own partition as
you can end up printing a lot of bytes this way.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk