[linux-audio-user] AudioTrak Maya 44 USB [LONG]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 2 04:20:17 EST 2005

Hallo,
Lukas Zapletal hat gesagt: // Lukas Zapletal wrote:

> its strange! This feature is compiled as a module (called "audio") and
> lsmod tells me its loaded. Very strange, I will remove it.

You also need to blacklist it in /etc/hotplug/blacklist

This actually is the USB-Audio-on-Linux-not-working-FAQ Number #1. ;)
You may want to complain at your distributor: Debian has a blacklist
entry as default and every distro, which ships ALSA, should have one,
too.

> There is also usb-midi module. Do I have to remove it too from the
> kernel? I use MIDI USB device...

Yep, that one should be blacklisted as well, if you want to use ALSA
midi stuff. (Note: The Maya has no midi, so it shouldn't matter for
this device, but it will matter for real USB midi devices.)

Ciao