[linux-audio-user] AudioTrak Maya 44 USB

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Nov 2 18:15:27 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 17:41, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Dne Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:03:11 +0100
>
> Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> napsal(a):
> > $ alsaplayer -o alsa -d plughw:1,0 test.mp3
>
> Nope. Alsaplayer appears with a song opened, but it is not playing at
> all. Pressing play button opens load dialog box.
>
> $ aplay -D plughw:1 /home/lzap/.openoffice/user/gallery/type.wav
> Playing WAVE '/home/lzap/.openoffice/user/gallery/type.wav' : Unsigned
> 8 bit, Rate 22050 Hz, Mono
>
> ...and it hangs.
>
> I am giving up...

Hi Lukas. Can you let us know which Linux distro your using? Also send the
output from lsmod, or perhaps /sbin/lsmod , depending on your distro. Also
the output from cat /proc/asound/cards. If you are using Debian, I had
problems with my usb midi keyboard. I needed to modprobe snd-usb-audio ,
and , uhci_hcd  when using a 2.6 kernel . These do not seem to be loaded as
default. With Debian, if this works, you need to add "snd-usb-audio" and
"uhci_hcd" to /etc/modules. Just trying to help. Nigel.