[linux-audio-user] cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file descriptor)

Carlos Pino pinojazz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 06:05:36 EST 2005

 Hi there.
     I'm not a linux-guru but I'm trying to build my own audio system
taking some pieces from A/Demudi and Sid,and compiling some others from
source.My main goal is to learn as much as I can and get an audio system
working  with only the components that I need.
 I take the last kernel from Demudi:2.6.13-1-multimedia-386 and
jackd-0.100.0-4 from sid.
Compiled ardour,muse,zynaddsubfx,qsampler-linuxsampler,hydrogen,and some
others,and everything works really well.
  I'm impressed how "stable" can be the "unstable" side of Debian.

  The subject of this message is the output of qjackctl when I launch
jackd  with :
       /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p256 -n2

 or
     /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p256 -n2

*But it works fine*,I can record and playback at realtime processing
with very good results.

 This advice doesn't appears when launch jackd from commandline:

 supertux at sid:~$ /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p256 -n2
jackd 0.100.0                  Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

My machine:
P IV 2.6 Mhz
1 Gb ddr
Terratec DMX6 Fire soundcard

 Is there something that I have to do to avoid this error?I would like
to know why this happens.
 I'd googled about it  and find many cases where jack was stoped,but
this is not the mine.
   Thanks in advance.

  Saludos.
  Cheers.