[linux-audio-user] SysEx dumps - warning newbie alert :)

Bungee bungee at erodin.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 07:00:25 EST 2005

Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:

> > Can anyone suggest a program for doing the 'all voice & multi' dumps
> > on my Yamaha SY35 and TG33. I tried sysexxer (0.7) but though it
> > seems to handle individual voices ok, it bombs on the bigger dumps.
> > There doesn't seem to be amy development happening on it either :(
>
> did you contact the authors? I guess no because otherwise I knew about
> it ;-) .

I reported it on the sourceforge bug tracker 2-3 weeks ago.

> Anyway, sysexxer should work OK, but if you want to have real ALSA
> support then use the CVS version.

I'll have a look at this but so far I've not had much sucess using CVS with any
package :(

> Furthermore, if you're using an USB MIDI device, please ensure that you
> have *disabled* the audio and MIDI drivers in the USB driver section of
> your kernel. Both are OSS drivers which conflict with the snd_usb_audio
> driver in the sound section of your kernel config.

I don't know how to do this. I'm using Mandrake 10.1 as my distro and the
M-Audio midisport 2x2. This all seems to work fine with Rosegarden (using both
ports too).

> I once had lots of problems, some sysex packages lost the first three
> bytes.
>
> Is it possible that you send me the sysex packages causing problems via
> email?

Unfortunately that's not possible. It's crashing as I send the dump *to*
Sysexxer. It seems to occur as the dump nears completion. I tried increasing the
buffer size but that made no difference.

> Best regards
>

>     ce

Just got your e-mails. I will follow up on them later... I have a *big* download
in progress on DialUp and don't want to risk upsetting it!

--
Bungee