[linux-audio-user] Problems starting JACK...

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Thu Nov 10 13:26:30 EST 2005

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Have you tried whether switching off standard output capture on
> qjackctl/setup/options makes any difference on that "jackstart sync
> pipe" issue?

I have now! :o)

But no, it doesn't make a difference. All that happens now is that JACK
tries to start, and then stops, without the messages between.

As I mentioned elsewhere in this thread, turning off the real-time
option allows JACK to start. But I am seeing a lot of XRUNs, which I
didn't see before. Previously, JACK would run RT-enabled, with only
occasional XRUNs.

My machine is a P3 700MHz box, with over 600Mb of RAM and an RME
DIGI9636. It is running an up-to-date PlanetCCRMA FC3 distribution.

I believe I am using fairly conservative settings for JACK:
/usr/bin/jackd -v -R -dalsa -dhw:1,0 -r48000 -p512 -n2

Regards
Michael