[linux-audio-user] Ardour and Linux

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Mon Nov 14 08:32:56 EST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 12:54, Sampo Savolainen was like:
> If you are a linux newbie and your primary goal is to get Linux audio
> working smoothly, you should go for Fedore Core 3 + Planet CCRMA
> (http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/)

A/DeMuDi installs from a single CD in about an hour.
http://demudi.agnula.org/wiki/InstallCdRom
It's equally good for newbies, so long as your hardware is supported. It is
known to be fiddly if your hardware requires closed-source drivers, so check,
and downright ugly on older laptops. Best test is to download
http://demudi.agnula.org/images/1.2.1/demudi-live_1.2.1_i386.iso
and see if it works. If not Planet CCRMA is a good choice.

I would also not recommend starting with Ubuntu.
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim