[linux-audio-user] rosegarden & fluidsynth/qsynth questions...

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Mon Nov 14 15:27:36 EST 2005

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help so far!

I've downloaded myself a nice-sounding drumkit soundfont, and have it
loaded by fluidsynth (using qsynth).

I played with the settings in Rosegarden, by clicking my right mouse
button on the appropriate MIDI track name. I can now hear all the
samples when I click my left mouse button on the notes at the left of
the notation editor.

However, when I throw a few notes together and press 'play', I only hear
the note(s) which falls directly under the playhead at the moment 'play'
is pressed.

Rosegarden seems to be sending the right MIDI notes somewhere - the
little indicator flashes away just as I would expect. Correspondingly,
the indicator in qsynth only flashes once, as the first beat is played.

Have I configured something incorrectly, or is this a bug? Please let me
know if more (or clearer) information would help.

I did have this working some months previously - although I was never
confident that I understood fully which MIDI output to pick in
Rosegarden (especially when I had more than one instance of fluidsynth).

Thanks
Michael Nelson