[linux-audio-user] linux 2.6.14-rt5 strange lockup

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Nov 14 20:08:20 EST 2005

Hello all,

I am still trying to get rt5 built...
Now my problem is that when I boot the rt kernel it all looks good - I
get to the screen with the Fedora booting progress bar - but when the
kernel tries to remount root in read/write mode the machine freezes.
I am using the default config file for Fedora Core 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4
except I changed preempt to volentary, processor Hz to 1000, processor
type to Athlon64, and threaded hard and soft IRQ's. i may have forgotten
something that I changed but can you think of a reason that the kernel
would freeze when trying to remount the root device? It seems odd
becasue if it can mount the device to load the kernel then why can't it
remount that same device?

Thanks for the help! (After I get the sweet kernel working I have tr
rebuild the cool ati-fglrx module that complains about spinlocking.
Fun... :P)
-thewade

[pdman at musicbox ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/devpts             /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/shm                /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/proc               /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
/dev/sys                /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-hda5         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
[pdman at musicbox ~]$ cat /etc/mtab
/dev/hda3 / ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/proc /proc proc rw 0 0
/dev/sys /sys sysfs rw 0 0
/dev/devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/hda2 /boot ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw 0 0
sunrpc /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw 0 0
automount(pid2065) /misc autofs rw,fd=4,pgrp=2065,minproto=2,maxproto=4 0 0
automount(pid2081) /net autofs rw,fd=4,pgrp=2081,minproto=2,maxproto=4 0 0