[linux-audio-user] IRQ conflicts, acpi, and linux audio

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Nov 20 06:16:00 EST 2005

> 11:    1636542          XT-PIC  Intel 82801CA-ICH3, Intel
> 82801CA-ICH3 Modem, uhci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2,eth0, yenta, yenta,
> ohci1394,

Thanks a lot for all IRQ hints. Well, I disabled the nvidia driver and
ensured ALSA does not load the module for the internal AC '97 chip.
IRQ11 now looks as

11:    2428122          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2, eth0,
yenta, yenta, ohci1394

Disabling the NIC is a no no, I really do not want to reboot for writing
an email ;-) .

Result: Better latency, so I can recommend to avoid IRQ sharing.

I can now run JACKD with -p128- This still gives some glitches every now
and then, *but* at -p256 as I used before the glitches seem to be gone.

I wonder if I could force the USB bus to another IRQ or if I could move
eth0 and yenta to another IRQ.

Best regards

    ce