[linux-audio-user] VIA82xx/ICE1232, low sound level on recording

S. Massy smassy at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Nov 21 01:34:14 EST 2005

Hi,

Well, the subject line pretty much says it all; I plug a microphone in
the mic jack of the on-board sound chip and, when recording, the level
is very low. Turning on "MIC Boost" does help a very little, but that's
about it; raising "Capture" over 85% yields a sound not unlike an idling
car. Looking around on the internet, I could find information about low
playback level problems with this card, but nothing regarding recording
levels. Anyone has any idea on what the matter might be? See full
information below.

Thanks,
S.M.

Card: VIA 82C686A/B rev50
Chip: ICEnsemble ICE1232
ALSA Version: 1.0.10rc1
uname -a: Linux vysotskij 2.6.14-gentoo-r2 #2 PREEMPT Sun Nov 13 10:14:22AST 2005 i686 Celeron (Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
smassy at sdf.lonestar.org