[linux-audio-user] [ardour-users] new song on-line

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Nov 27 06:45:02 EST 2005

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>>Craig Anderton has written an excellent article on what he calls the
>>Tutt/Guerin effect.
>>

>Dave, I've done a quick search on the web for this but found nothing.
>Do you have a link? It sounds interesting.
>
>Erik

Hi Erik:

  Alas, it's not in electronic form. It can be found in his book on
using Master Tracks Pro, it was published by AMSCO Publications and is
probably not in print anymore. And I have no scanner. :(

  It is an interesting article, he did his typical good job revealing
and explaining crucial differences between the players and how a
sequencer can be utilized to approximate their styles.

  It's too bad there's no complete collection of CA's writings in
electronic format. Like Russell pointed out, Anderton's been a big
influence on a lot of people. His writing style has been an inspiration
for me, he presents technical subjects in plain and clear language, and
he usually imparts a sense of fun.

Best,

dp