[linux-audio-user] kernel bug: how to report?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:33:16 EDT 2005

On 10/17/05, Antonio <debian at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 03:58 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> [cut]
> > QjackCtl is running fine here on 2.6.14-rc4-rt6 on AMD64. I'd suggest
> > that you update to the very latest stuff that Ingo has released, try
> > again, and then report any problems on LKML. They will require that
> > you do that if you want any real support anyway...
>
> I've just tried 2.6.14-rc4-rt6 and the system freezes in the last steps
> of booting (tried two times). The freeze doen't leave any trace on
> syslog.
>
> I'll wait the next rt release (rt7) to see if the problem remains.

In my experience waiting for -rt7 will almost certianly not fix a
problem like this.

Specifically, where did it hand? What's on the screen? Does
/var/log/messages hold the last boot log on your machine? If so there
may be some clues there.

Probably you need to change the kernel config slightly to get beyond this.

- Mark