[linux-audio-user] Theremin

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Tue Sep 6 05:53:35 EDT 2005

Hi peeps.

After trying to simulate the sound of a theremin in a track a little
while ago, I decided that I needed a better way to make this kind of
sound.

I intend to build one at some point, but until I get chance to do
that, I've been making a software one.

I'll release an early version very soon - as soon as I've fixed a few
things.

Before I do that, though, here is what it's sounding like.
http://dis-dot-dat.net/th_1.ogg

It's a totally dry sound, so you can tell what it's really doing, but
it sounds really nice with some reverb and echo, thanks to jack-rack.

It's using a plain old sine wave at the moment, which theremins in
real life don't, but I may change that later.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)