[linux-audio-user] USX2Y rawusb revisited

Devin Venable dvenable6 at cox.net
Sun Apr 23 18:27:42 EDT 2006

> "Did you set PREEMPT_RT=y (complete real-time) on your kernel
> > configuration? It seems not... otherwise you would see those IRQ threads
> > around."
> >
> > What can I do to verify the existence of the threads?

> here with kernel 2.6.15-rt22
>     $ ps -A|grep IRQ
> answers
>        17 ?        00:00:00 IRQ 9
>       389 ?        00:00:00 IRQ 12

Nope.  ps -A|grep IRQ returns nothing.  Apparently I did miss the config
option.  I just looked through the .config file I used and I could find
no PREEMPT_RT option.

These are the PREEMPT related values I can find in my .config.

# CONFIG_SCHED_SMT is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y

I've read several howtos on adding Ingo Molnar's RT patch.  None that
I've read say anything about having to explicitly adding this option to
the config file.  What did I miss?