[linux-audio-user] RME Digi9652 with Alsa

Jason White jasonjgw at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 27 05:58:46 EST 2006

As mentioned earlier, my initial goal is to be able to play a stereo sound
file (e.g., a wav file) via the first two ADAT channels of the first ADAT
interface on the Digi9652.

If I run
aplay -D hw:1,0 file.wav
I get:
aplay: set_params:891: Access type not available

I suspect that some kind of data format conversion may be necessary to yield
correct output but I'm not sure. Also, I searched the WEb for the above error
message but wasn't able to find any information.

The Digi9652 is recognized as card 1:

aplay -l
[lists card 0, followed by]
card 1: R15 [RME Digi9652 (Rev 1.5)], device 0: RME Digi9652 (Rev 1.5) [RME
Digi
9652 (Rev 1.5)]
  Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0