[linux-audio-user] WINE + audio experiences ?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:05:42 EST 2006

While I realise you said GUI, and that you probably arent looking for
good quality rips, I figured I would through this out there for anyone
that didnt know about it...

abcde

A Better CD Encoder

Rips with CDParanoia, Looks up the Info in CDDB, and Encodes in FLAC,
with one command, literally all I type in is abcde.

The catch is setting it up in the config file, but once that is done, if
you wanted you could set it up with ivman so that it woudl automatically
rip any cd you insert to your HD.

I believe it can be set up to use LAME instead of FLAC, I just dont do
MP3s so I havent checked it.

       Seablade