[linux-audio-user] Re: GNU Audio Community Conference Room

Lee A. Azzarello lee at rockingtiger.com
Wed Mar 8 11:38:26 EST 2006

----- Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> wrote:
> "Mike Taht" <mike.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > a call in radio station
>
> This is my idea as well. I want listeners to call in using VOIP.
>
> > If ladspa plugins could be run through asterisk or a jack compliant
> > sip phone you could give your outgoing voice calls a little bass
> boost
> > for that "voice of god" effect...
>
> This is fully possible and it's working without problems for me using
> oss2jack.

In my experience oss2jack is /very/ application dependent. What softphone did you successfully use it with?

I too have used a softphone for a radio station, but that was running on a sepperate computer and going through a hardware mixing board, using the classic aux send phone hybrid style. The addition of seperate input and output with the softphone makes a traditional hybrid obsolete, which made me very happy. All of this can work if a softphone which runs on Linux can connect to JACK, which I think is the point of this discussion.

-lee