[linux-audio-user] USB audio interface - Terratec Phase26 any good?

Peter Clarke pgclarke at beeb.net
Tue May 2 10:41:38 EDT 2006

Dear all,
In the hope of getting my Novation Speedio USB audio
interface to work properly, I've updated my Gentoo box to
kernel 2.6.16, ALSA 1.0.11... but it still sounds like
underwater gargling.

So, it's time to give up on this and get me a USB audio
interface that WILL work.  It looks like the Terratec
Phase26 would do what I want quite nicely (except for those
nasty RCA connectors - too unreliable for my liking).  Has
anyone used this successfully?

If that's not suitable, maybe I'll go for an Edirol UA-25,
which is often highly praised on this list.  Unfortunately
it lacks a coax digital input, which would be helpful (cos
my hardware synth has a coax digital output).

Thanks for any comments,

Peter C