[linux-audio-user] "KarmaPod" page back online...

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:32:33 EDT 2006

I actually had built something fairly similar a few years back
(obvious from the hardware inside it):
http://www.godgeek.com/images/top_rack.jpg
http://www.godgeek.com/images/bottom_rack.jpg

Basically made up of:
-ST Audio DSP2000 C-Port
-ST Audio ADC III
-Custom Built CPU (Intel 1.6Ghz)
-Behringer 8 Channel Tube Warmth
-Alesis MidiVerb4
-Alesis 3630 Compressor / Limiter
-Ultramizer Pro

I built it using Windows... since Linux support wasn't great at the
time.  I'm in the process of getting back into the hobby and have been
researching putting Linux on it (hence why I'm on the list).
While the processor doesn't sound like much... it was plenty to record
8 channels at once.  I've recently purchased more hardware to pump it
up to the max 32 channels... which will likely require me to upgrade
the CPU... and plan more on the hard drive scenario.  The main
difference between our setups is that I built mine to be portable...
but not necessarily as rugged (shock mounting).

Just figured I'd share....

Dave