[linux-audio-user] Denormal problems with some LADSPA plugins

Q qb at f2s.com
Sat May 13 09:04:13 EDT 2006

tim hall wrote:
  I have had problems with the symptoms you're discussing, using the
same set-up
> and the stock demudi kernel (which is very old). I have had much more steady
> CPU and DSP usage since I upgraded and recompiled my kernel to 2.6.16 - I
> have been using the TAP plugins more than the SWH ones you mention. I will
> test them out when I get a spare moment, as the only difference on my system
> is likely to be the kernel and hardware.

I did wonder about just trying to make do with other plugins, but the
Triple Band parametric is just so useful. I use it on just about every
track, both for the high pass and the EQ. I have just discovered the
4-band parametric, but I've had problems with the Glame High Pass where
I've tried using that.

How easy is it to recompile a kernel? Could it cause more problems than
it would solve? It sounds rather daunting for a newb like me. But on the
other hand, my mixing is grinding to a halt -- quite literally! Perhaps
I'll just get a load of tracking done until I find a solution.

Cheers