[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: need a mixer

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:58:18 EDT 2006

On 5/16/06, Carlo Capocasa <capocasa at gmx.net> wrote:
> I consider mixers obsolete in the studio.
>
> I recommend you simply hook up your sound interface's outputs to active
> studio monitors and control which tracks are to be recorded and played
> with ardour's per-track 'mute' and 'rec' buttons.

That's exactly what I've been getting hung up on, but I think I might
have found a solution:  use a headphone amp.  I don't have monitors (I
have young children, and most of my work is done at night, so I have
to keep it quiet).  I think I'll just run the output into a headphone
amp.  That should work, shouldn't it?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com