[linux-audio-user] Combining regions with ardour

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Wed May 17 20:14:31 EDT 2006

Wednesday 17 May 2006 17:06, Marcel Karras:

> I'd like to combine some regions of a track that a overlayed. A search
> on Google didn't solve the problem - so can anyone of you tell me how
> to make one region out of n other ones? (like combining layers in gimp)

Actually there would be no sane reason to want that but I do it too. Nail a
track with many edits and gain envelopes down to the ground just to make
sure. I record it to a new track which is paranoid and a waste of space but,
hell, it feels good. Commitment :)

To answer your question: Currently there is no other way to "combine" a number
of regions into one. What you ask for technically is a container with some
gui means to keep the regions' resizable (Remember: A region is a resizable
view of a soundfile. Split a region, delete the first half and pull the
handle of the rest back to the left side: You get to see the whole thing
again. Senor Nondestructivo in action). Would be neat but it ain't there.

--
Wolfgang