Re: [linux-audio-user] [Music] First track – prog rock instrumental

Q qb at f2s.com
Mon May 22 13:25:39 EDT 2006

lanas wrote:

> It's OK, but for my own tastes, it revolves a bit too much around the
> same.  Though I almost heard some Mellotron in there a bit after the
> electric guitar kicks in ;-)  And of course, if there was a voice
> somewhere in there that'd be great.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Al

Fair point, I suppose it is a bit monotonous – the same chord
progression all the way through. I think I read an interview with the
Floyd somewhere where they said they'd a bad habit of dragging one chord
progression out for as long as they could, so maybe I've been listening
to them too much and picked up their bad habits! I suppose I could drag
it out to ten minutes if I really tried ;-)

You definitely didn't hear Mellotron: if I could've squeezed it in
somewhere I would have done :D It's probably the Hammond.

Thanks for listening.