[linux-audio-user] ecasound interactive mode

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Thu May 25 02:50:39 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:25:28PM +1000, Stuart Allie wrote:

> With regards to frontends for eca, I am working on one myself. I hope to
> have the first release in a month or so. It will try to preserve as much
> of ecasound's semantics as possible, and even give you interactive mode
> access. I'll try and get a screenshot of the current version up
> somewhere for people to look at and make suggestions on.

I'm curious what motivates your design, having spent a
long time writing one of my own using perl and tk.

http://ecmdr.infogami.com

Did you ever have a chance to have a look?? Any feedback??

But then why did I write a front end of my when a rather mature
Tkeca is available??

	- I had (and have) a few problems getting it to work.

	- By allowing many of the possibilities for Ecasound
	  there seemed lots of ways to get errors.

	- Too many windows makes my eyes glaze over, I
	  find it hard to keep the big picture.

	- Ditto, with dialog boxes, for which I
	  have a special dislike.

 	- I'm not used to reading/hacking tcl

	- I wanted an autoincrement function for
	  recording several songs with the same
	  setup.

Are people's requirements and expectations really so
different?

Regards

Joel

--