[linux-audio-user] quiting fsck

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:55:00 EDT 2006

Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> I only use journaled ext3, so I can quickly bring up my system again if
> it crashed. I disabled maximal mount count and timespam, so I won't be
> surprised by fsck at system boot. If my system is working without
> problems I do an fsck run from time to time, if I don't need my computer
> (lunch breaks come in handy) with a "touch /forcefsck;reboot", so I
> don't have filesystem curruptions.

Makes sense, I'll try that for a while.

A question: I touched /forcefsck and at reboot /, /home and / (again)
gets fsck'ed. But this is my /etc/fstab

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda2       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hda4       /mnt/data       ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda1       /mnt/unstable   ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda3       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0

How do I force /mnt/data to get fsck'ed, or am I missing something here?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quartet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk