[linux-audio-user] card abruptly changed name

Brian Dunn job17and9 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 26 08:08:05 EDT 2006

paul santa clara wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>     I'm running two identical m-audio delta 410 cards.  Today, i
> booted  up my machine and noticed that ALSA had suddenly decided to
> label one  as a "Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24".  The driver remains
> the same,  ice1712, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered
> similar behavior  and has an explanation.  Is this a potential source
> of problems?
>
> thanks a bunch,
> -paul

You could be looking at the OSS name for the chipset.  on my emu10k1 the
oss mixer is called something funky like tritech so and so.  does lspci
still look right?  If not, then you may have data corruption on your pci
bus.  That happened to me once to where a sb16 card showed up as a
whatever manufacturer has the hex code Ox0000.

brian