[linux-audio-user] [songs] songs /songs/ </songs>

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org
Thu Sep 14 15:09:10 EDT 2006

Robert Jonsson wrote:
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 11:58, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:13:29PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
>>
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_bloodsimple1.1.og
>>> g
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_preludium_to_arma
>>> geddon1.0.ogg
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_i_gotta_hand_it_t
>>> o_you1.1.ogg
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_ddb3.ogg
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_minute_jazz.o
>>> gg http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_xper1.5.ogg
>>>
>> While the jazz and preludium just arn't my thing,
>>

> Mmm :) The jazz thingy is more or less a joke (hope I don't make to may
> enemies by saying this), it's somekind of proof that experimental jazz is not
> music. ;-P
> It was created in 15 minutes using some nice midi instruments and just (nearly
> randomly) hitting keys on the keyboard cutting and pasting just a tad and
> adding a hihat beat.
>
> Not that I don't like this kind of music, I very much like EST for instance,
> but it's a thin line.
>

>> i consider the other
>> 3 to be very well done :)
>> I especialy like 'I gotta hand it to you'.
>>

> Thanks, I had the rhodes and the bass line lying around for a long time until
> I finally managed to make something I quite liked out of it.
>

>> Judging from my system here, there's EQing issues though.
>> An overly strong high bass / low mid (I would guess somewhere between
>> 250 and 400 Hz). It's the attack of the bass, mainly.

When I listened to Bloodsimple and ddb3, I heard what sounded like
overkill at about 140-160Hz. Jaaa shows it peaking the highest out of
everything. Of course, this isn't too bad, but it overpowers everything
else. Other than that, you may want to bring the guitar solo out some in
ddb3, but that's my preference. Once you have the tracks balanced out
right, you may want to export the files as flac, or go wav--->flac. This
way you can make EQ and other edits to the full song, if needed and not
worry about quality loss.

Hope this helps

-Chris