[LAU] Re: Re: Re: My 'works in progress' made with linux

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Apr 18 15:53:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 03:11:11PM -0400, julien bodd wrote:
> >Hey, that's pretty cool!  Maybe we should do one like that.  People
> >could upload beats, bass, guitar, synth, vox, backup vox, etc.  At the
> >end different people mix it in different ways, all made with Linux.
> >
> >Anybody game for this?
> >

> Of course I game for this ! We should investigate how is that
> practically feasible.
> First of all, who has to share something he would like others to complement?

I would have material. If the number of individuals posting music
here from time to time is an indicator, there won't be much.

ccmixter sadly doesn't allow share-alike licensing, don't know how
other such sites treat licensing.

You can upload tarballs to archive.org. If you want a collaborative
project, just do it, don't wait for perfect fit infrastructure.

Getting such a site up and _keeping_ it running is quite a task
and so far there's hardly enough interest/man-power for documentation/
apps/community pages ...

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software: