[LAU] [ANN] klick 0.5

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Dec 5 23:54:56 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 02:51:03AM +0100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Matthias_Sch=F6nborn_ wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> First of all, thanks for writing and sharing this program - I'm really looking
> forward to not having to tell Rosegarden where the accelerations are
> everytime I load my projects!
> But before I can enjoy your work, I'll have to be able to install it... I
> haven't got libsndfile and I can't install it (there's some error during the
> make process), but I have libsndfile1 installed. Is it possible to use
> libsndfile1 instead of libsndfile? I'm using Kubuntu 7.10.
>
> Thanks!
> Matthias
>
> Am Montag 03 Dezember 2007 01:45:10 schrieb Dominic Sacré:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > klick has been around for almost a year, but I figured no one will know
> > about it if I don't tell anybody. So here's a new version, and the first
> > official announcement.
> >
> > klick is an advanced command-line based metronome for JACK. It allows you
> > to define complex tempo maps for entire songs or performances.
> >
> > Its features include:
> >
> >  * Support for tempo maps, including arbitrary meters, tempo changes,
> >    accelerando/ritardando and more.
> >  * Three built-in sounds (borrowed from Ardour, GTick and FreePats),
> >    plus ability to load your own samples.
> >  * JACK transport sync support (master/slave).
> >  * No GUI ;)
> >
> > Get it here:
> > http://das.nasophon.de/klick/

That's fantastic!!! I especially love the accelerando feature for practicing. A big improvement over jack_metro.

Only thing that might be nice, is if it read stdin for keyboard commands (i.e. up-arrow/down-arrows), or opened an ALSA MIDI port to read CC's, for things like modifying the speed and/or volume, or to stop/start the metronome, etc.

-ken