[LAU] audio interview - reducing bumps and peaks?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Dec 6 12:34:40 EST 2007

I've this WAV file that contains an interview. It was recorded with a
cell phone, so the quality is not that great, plus the phone got bumped
a few times resulting in annoying peaks.

I was thinking to load the file in Audacity and run it through a
compressor and tweak the settings until it sounds acceptable. But before
I do that, does anyone have a better idea?

What's your usual way to deal with this kind of records?

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/