[linux-audio-user] Setting hardware sample rate of VIA 8237

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Thu Feb 1 20:42:37 EST 2007

Hi LAU'ers,

How do I set the hardware sample rate(s) of my
VIA 8237 AC97 sound card?

Seems like a FAQ, yet I'm having trouble finding
a reference.

Alsamixer does not have an item for this.

.asoundrc seems to support sample rate _conversion_
but not setting the hardware rate.

I think I find some reference to a some pcm_set_sample_rate
function in the Alsa libraries, but would rather not write
my own utility for this.

Below follows some data from /proc/asound/V8237/codec97#0/ac97#0-0
Thanks for any suggestions.

--Joel

0-0/0: VIA Technologies VIA1617A
[...]
Current setup
[...]
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Double rate slots: 10/11
Extended ID      : codec=0 rev=2 LDAC SDAC CDAC DSA=0 SPDIF DRA VRA
Extended status  : LDAC SDAC CDAC SPDIF=3/4 SPDIF VRA
PCM front DAC    : 48000Hz
PCM Surr DAC     : 48000Hz
PCM LFE DAC      : 48000Hz
PCM ADC          : 22050Hz
SPDIF Control    : Consumer PCM Category=0x2 Generation=1 Rate=48kHz

--
Joel Roth